Riverina Water County Council Information Flyer for Developers
Riverina Water County Council (RWCC) is responsible for potable water supply relating to new developments within the Wagga Wagga City Council (WWCC), Lockhart, Urana and Greater Hume Shire Council area.
This includes new subdivisions, commercial, residential development, additions/alterations to existing structures, and change of use developments. When submitting a development application to your local council, you should also begin discussions relating to water supply with RWCC.
If you are planning a large scale development, such as a major subdivision or large industrial industry, it's best to check on servicing arrangements with RWCC before proceeding to the Development Application or a detailed design phase. This is especially important as there may be substantial costs involved with supplying water to the development, or restrictions on the amount of water available to the development.
Commercial development proposals vary widely, from facilities such as motels and caravan parks, to hospitals, retail centres, light manufacturing and heavy industry. Because of this diversity, RWCC assesses commercial development on a case-by-case basis.
RWCC's Role in Development
- Determining if the site can be adequately serviced with water.
- Ensuring the new development doesn't affect existing water supply systems.
- Providing compliance under s64 and s68 of the Local Government Act.
- Imposing fees and charges such as s64 Development Servicing Charges on a development wishing to connect to water supply.
- Issuing of plumbing permits and conducting of plumbing inspections for any onsite plumbing works.
RWCC's Contact Details:
For further details and enquiries please use the following contact methods:
- More information can be found on RWCC's website located at www.rwcc.nsw.gov.au
- RWCC's main number during business hours is 02 6922 0608