PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Provide clear guidelines to assist Council staff in making determinations relating to protecting the potable water supply via backflow prevention.
- Provide information to members of the public, plumbers and other stakeholders about the selection and installation of backflow prevention devices and the Council's role in backflow prevention.
- Ensure that non-complying properties are brought into line with the requirements of this Council Policy, Plumbing Code of Australia and the Australian Standard AS 3500.1.
- Ensure that a backflow register and records are maintained. Ensure containment devices are provided and that these devices are equal to or greater than the downstream hazard.
- Ensure annual testing is carried out by a qualified person and is added to the Council backflow register.
- Investigate non-compliance and ensure enforcement of this policy.